Monday, February 13, 2012

Dryer Caught on Fire in Chestnut Ridge Home [SLIDESHOW]

Chestnut Ridge - A fire that started in a dryer caused minor damage to a single-family home at 7 Lomond Ave. this afternoon. 

One woman who was inside the Chestnut Ridge home at the time was not injured. More than a dozen firefighters from South Spring Valley, Nanuet, and Pearl River responded to the southern Ramapo village shortly after 2:20 p.m. 

Firefighters quickly brought the fire under control, South Spring Valley Fire Chief Vincent Martuscelli said 

The fire started upstairs in the laundry room and spread to the bedroom, through the attic and the roof. “It could have been lint; we don’t know,” Martuscelli said of the fire’s cause. 

{Article by: LoHud - Photos by: Moishe Lichtenstein}

No comments:

Post a Comment